Romans 5.6 - For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly
As I was reflecting on the faithfulness of God I looked back at a picture from the time I was baptized with my buddy Joe. It was 14 years ago in a hotel pool when CrossPointe was meeting as a core group of around 30 people. That day I had no idea what God had in store for my life, I only knew that Jesus is my Savior and I wanted to live the rest of my life for him.
Here we are today, I've had the privilege of serving as a pastor at CrossPointe for almost 10 years, married to the woman of my dreams and God has given us three beautiful children whom are an absolute gift of grace.
CrossPointe Church is reaching Orlando, Central Florida, and Peach Tree City GA with 7 congregations and over 1500 people; we have seen hundreds of salvation and baptisms and lives forever transformed by the power of the Gospel for the glory of God.
I am humbled and amazed at the opportunity that God has given me to be a part of CrossPointe Church. Now my family embarks on a new journey as we are called to serve CrossPointe Downtown. It is with joy that we look forward to this incredible opportunity that God has given us to see Orlando redeemed from the heart of downtown.
Romans 5.6 tells me the reality of my life in Christ Jesus. In the midst of my inadequacies and short comings Christ died for me. In the midst of brokenness, guilt, and shame Christ has redeemed me. We look ahead completely dependent upon a work of Jesus because CrossPointe Downtown is his church. Orlando is his city, and God will do his work because the people in this city belong to him. We trust him and we walk in obedience to his call upon our lives.
Carrie and I are grateful for the leadership of Pastor Chan and Stacy along with the elders of CrossPointe. It fills our hearts with joy to know that we will serve alongside the people we love, through the church we love, in the city we love. Our mission is clear “Pointing our city to Jesus Christ”. It is all about Jesus and our desire is that God would be glorified above all else.
Many have asked how they can come alongside of us in the transition. We would love for you to do so in the following ways.
- Pray that God would allow our family to rest in his provision and grace in the midst of this transition. That we would be reliant upon him and that he would grow us closer together.
- Pray for the leadership of CrossPointe Downtown. That God would give us wisdom as we seek lead and love the church well and point our city to Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the people of CrossPointe Downtown that God would use his church to minister to the brokenness of the city with the hope of Jesus Christ.
- If you are currently members of CrossPointe we encourage you to keep investing in the gospel movement of our church right where you are at. Your investment in CrossPointe is serving to plant the gospel in Orlando and beyond in amazing ways.
- For those who feel led we invite you to come alongside of us financially in this transition as we seek to raise $15,000 to make this transition go smoothly. Your financial contributions will help us by providing the church with resources to pour into the city for Jesus Christ.
- Some of you reading this may live closer to downtown Orlando than our other congregations. We invite you to join us as God has incredible things in store and we would love to see you a part of it.
- As one church with many congregations we have the benefit to invite people to other congregations through out the city. If you know someone who lives in or around downtown Orlando then we would love for you to invite them to our Sunday services. CrossPointe continues to grow by personal invites. Invite those who do not know Christ as we come along side you to share the message of hope and salvation with them.