Have you ever done something that was so enormous in your life that you knew you would absolutely fail unless God was in it? It is one of those life decisions where you know something you should do, something you need to do, but something that when you do it if God doesn’t come through you are through. Well, this is one of those moments for my family. We are stepping out in faith for God to do some amazing things as we transition to CrossPointe Downtown as lead pastor.
“is what you are attempting doomed to failure unless God be in it?”.
Pastor Randy Pope who is one of my seminary professors and pastor of Perimeter church in Atlanta asked us this question; “is what you are attempting doomed to failure unless God be in it?”. We live by faith, and all that God does in the church is beyond our ability to accomplish it. We need Him!
A few weeks ago someone asked me “what is the back-up plan?”. I politely told him while grasping the enormity of what I was saying “there is no back up plan”. We are doing this because we are absolutely convinced this is what God has called us to. There is no turning back, there is no plan B, we are on our knees in prayer asking for God to show up beyond what we can ask, imagine, or think.
"It is going to be accomplished by the power of the Holy Spirit."
I would be lying if I did not tell you there have been some "freak out" moments in this journey. Those moments where you walk by faith and fear causes you to question what God is doing and to doubt his faithfulness for all that is ahead. It is in those moments where I know I need to seek the Lord in prayer. This work of Jesus is so big, the opportunity to see countless lives transformed is right before us by the power of the Gospel. Here is what I take confidence in: It is going to be accomplished by the power of the Holy Spirit.
This church is not my church but Jesus’ church. Jesus gives us the promise that HE will build HIS church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it (Mathew 16.18). My hope is not in my ability but Christ’s ability, and I realize that as we seek to point our city to Jesus Christ we will receive the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit as we minister the hope of the gospel in downtown Orlando.
Many of you have asked how you can support and pray for us in this transition. We invite you to do so in the following ways.
- Pray this transition would go smoothly for our family, that Carrie and I would operate in unity in our marriage, parenting, and leading the church.
- Pray for the leadership of CrossPointe Downtown. Pray for Pastor Josiah, Pastor Micah and their families. That God would give us wisdom beyond our years.
- Pray against the attacks of the enemy. Satan does not want to see the kingdom of heaven advance in Orlando. Pray that we would push back the work of darkness and advance the Light of Christ.
- People matter to God, and people matter to us. Pray that by the end of 2015 CrossPointe downtown will have an average attendance of 95 adults and 30 children.
- Pray that we reach lost people for Jesus Christ!
- Thank you for investing in CrossPointe. Your investment in already making an impact in Downtown Orlando.
- Invest in gospel transformation in downtown Orlando through a one-time gift that will help us reach Orlando. We are trusting God to provide $14,100 to serve in support for this transition as well as purchasing items that will help us reach the city.
- Invest in the lost people of our city, pour your lives and hearts into them for the sake of the gospel.
- Some of you reading this may live closer to downtown Orlando than our other congregations. We invite you to join us as God has incredible things in store and we would love to see you a part of it.
- Invite those whom you have been investing in to a work of gospel renewal in downtown Orlando. Invite them to our Sunday services at 10am at the Downtown YMCA.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to share an itemized list of what our financial needs are in this transition.